pre-PEP for optional 'pass'

David Goodger goodger at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 16 21:12:06 EDT 2002

Erik Max Francis wrote:
>> I'm not suggesting removing it, merely making it optional. People
>> can still use it if they want to.
>
> Well, this is all academic now anyway, since Guido Has Spoken.

Phil, I encourage you to write up a PEP anyhow.  There's a slim chance you
may be able to persuade Guido.  At the very least a rejected PEP would do
the service of documenting the proposal for posterity.  From PEP 1:

    A PEP can also be `Rejected'.  Perhaps after all is said and done
    it was not a good idea.  It is still important to have a record of
    this fact.

--
David Goodger    goodger at users.sourceforge.net    Open-source projects:
 - Python Docstring Processing System: http://docstring.sourceforge.net