[OT] What is Open Source?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Apr 17 09:56:25 EDT 2002

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote in message
news:87u1qatvc7.fsf at tleepslib.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp...
> To begin with, let me apologize to Dr. Mertz for the unwarranted ad
> hominem smear I committed.  That was evil.

[ ... ]

>     Andrae> To attempt to cast someone who objects to this as some
>     Andrae> raving idealogue,
>
> You're right, I was wrong to do this.
>
>     Andrae> and thereby dismiss them with casual wave handling as a
>     Andrae> self declared 'seeker of truth' (tm) is the most appalling
>     Andrae> piece of intellectual hypocracy I have seen for some time.
>
> YBT.
>
> Actually, I have to laugh at myself, because I was in fact wrong to
> assert that the sets of licenses/covered programs are the same, and
> Huaiyu led me to truth.  Believe me, I didn't plan that, but there is
> proof: I was seeking (despite being fairly sure I already had the
> answer) and I found.<wink>
>
> Satori-remains-out-of-reach-ly y'rs

Good God! Honest, open-minded acceptance of criticism? Do you realise you
are flying in the face of Usenet tradition? Am I going to have to migrate to
the other c.l.p... to see real blood and guts?

Seriously: it's good to see such open-mindedness accompanied by a sensoie of
humor. I think more of you for it.

not-that-you-need-care-about-that-ly y'rs  - steve