changes to win server registry with python script not appeari ng in gui tools

speeves speeves at unt.edu
Mon Apr 29 15:05:29 EDT 2002

I mean the odbc tool in Admin tools in the control panels.  I was
thinking about this over the weekend, and it doesn't make sense to me.
 I said python, but I am only using python to make calls to the win32
api.  (and creating .reg files and using regedit commandline to create
dsns)  If these are not working, then this has to be a bug right?
Calls using Microsoft's own tools should be working on the os, I
think...  Also, I need the ability to create mysql/ms sql server
dsn's, but now have to physically go to the machine to create them,
because the coldfusion admin, is looking for dsns in the same place as
the odbc gui tool, meaning that they don't see the dsns, unless I
create them in the odbc gui.  I need this resolved asap, cause I am in
the middle of many migrations of database. :(

Unhappy Server Admin,
speeves
UNT