Freeing memory

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Fri Apr 26 04:07:30 EDT 2002

Bengt Richter wrote:

> What happens if you run it from a plain "DOS" console window (I am assuming
> from your post header that you are running on NT?), typing
>
>     python your_script.py arg1 arg2 ...
>
> at the prompt?

Oh Christ, thank you very much! This actually works without any
problems. It really frees the memory (that is observable in the Task
Manager). You could also work on other projects when the simulation is
running in the DOS-window as opposed to the idle: which would occupy the
complete system without any pardon.

This means: for calculation which heavy memory consumption you should
run it from the DOS-window and not from the idle itself.

I am now happy again with Python.

Thank you,
S. Gonzi