Help with Python advocacy and marketing

Stephan R.A. Deibel sdeibel at wingide.com
Tue Apr 9 20:05:16 EDT 2002

Hi,

Some time ago on c.l.p.a., I announced a new mailing list for those
interested in discussing marketing Python to a wider audience:

Several projects have grown out of that and I would like to invite
the wider community of Python users to participate in these:

* We are collecting user-side advocacy quotes for use in press
  releases announcing future versions of Python.  If you have
  a compelling statement about how Python has helped your
  project or business, this is a great way to help Python and
  get some media exposure in the process.  We can't guarantee
  your quote will be used in a press release, but with your
  permission it will be included on a Python advocacy website
  that is under development.

  For more information, or to submit a quote, please email to
  python-quotes at pythonology.org

* We are working on a collection of Python Success Stories,
  which showcase Python in a specific project or setting.
  If you've used Python for a large, complex, or interesting
  project, and have compelling things to say about how Python
  has helped you, please consider being interviewed for this
  effort.  The resulting stories will be made available on
  the web, will help build credibility for Python, and can be
  a great way to get exposure for your research, product,
  or company.

  For more information, please email success-story at pythonology.org

* We are working on a collection of Python Quick Start Guides
  that are include condensed instructions and download urls that
  help new users of Python get started on solving specific
  kinds of problems.  Examples might include "Writing a GUI
  with wxPython", "Writing Python CGIs", "Using Jython to
  Test Java Libraries", and so forth.

  For more information about contributing to this effort, please
  email quick-start at pythonology.org

* Future versions of Python will be announced in the technical
  media with formal press releases.  If you have media contacts
  that might be interested in receiving and/or redistributing
  press releases, please send email to python-press at pythonology.org

All of these efforts are strictly on a volunteer basis.  We do
not have funds to support any of them at this time.  But these
are great ways to give back to Python if you don't already
contribute to the language's development in some way (or even
if you do!).

Please direct discussion of this topic to the marketing-python
mailing list, which can be joined with the URL given above.

Thanks,

- Stephan

Wing IDE for Python                          Archaeopteryx Software, Inc
www.wingide.com                              Take Flight!