Newbie: Background processing with a GUI?

Jeff Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 13 08:16:41 EDT 2002

Good morning,

   I'm not sure the subject is entirely accurate, but I really don't
know what to call what I want to do (that's really clear).
   What I want to do is have a GUI (right now I have it written
in wxPython) that displays some data in a grid (spreadsheet
kind of thing) but is updated every x seconds. I've got the classes
written that get the data and put it into a list. I've also got the
classes written that create the GUI (with some attempts at
methods that update the values in the grid). However, I don't
know how to update the grid every x seconds. Any pointers or
insight?
   Another question that goes along with this is, how do I do this
but allow the user to change the time between updates x?

TIA,

Jeff