Python v. Euphoria

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Apr 25 13:47:56 EDT 2002

In article <aa8531$fho$1 at panix3.panix.com>, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
>In article <394fcus92g8rt0e2ektsd36s9qu7cq2cij at 4ax.com>,
>Stom Fairecroire  <stom at hotpop.com> wrote:
>>
>>Many, many years ago I did a lot of programming in HPL (Hewlet Packard
>>Language) then did lots using PICK basic. Now I want to start some
>>very low key programming again - just for my own amusement. Anyone
>>have any views on the pros and cons  of Python v. Euphoria ? Which
>>would be the better option?
>
>Based on a quick look at the Euphoria web site, Python would be a much
>better option.  Euphoria is a proprietary product that is only available
>on a few platforms; it looks like Euphoria programs tend to not be
>cross-platform even for the available platforms.  Euphoria also looks a
>bit uglier than Python, and it lacks some of Python's features, such as
>threads.
			.
			.
			.
I'd put the case stronger than that:  Python has
proven to be applicable over an exceptionally wide
scope of programming requirements, and Python has
a record of satisfying many beginners and near-
beginners in programming.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net