Python newbie

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Sat Apr 13 18:49:39 EDT 2002

slack wrote in comp.lang.python:
> Hello,
> I'm interested in Python programming language since one around one
> year. I think it is an interesting language because it's very simple
> to use this language to program windows... We don't have to think
> about event handling instead of the purpose of the program itself...
> well... I don't want to explain why I find it interesting... I've
> installed a version of Python on Windows computers but I find it very
> slow compared to Linux version of Python.

What exactly was slow? In fact, the Python interpreter on Windows is
normally slightly faster then the one on Linux, because of better
optimizations of the Microsoft C compiler.

> I've noticed that the first time I used Python on Windows. Well.
> This is not really the problem. I want to use Python on Windows but
> I don't know if I can convert .py files into .exe files? Is it
> possible thanks to some utility?

py2exe and Gordon' McMillan's installer can do that.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930