Magic words

Sun Apr 14 17:43:40 EDT 2002

On 14 Apr 2002 02:24:24 GMT, Philip Swartzleonard <starx at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Seo Sanghyeon || Sat 13 Apr 2002 05:49:17a:
> > Philip Swartzleonard <starx at pacbell.net> wrote
> >> The first section of the index[1] for the language reference manual
> >> lists all of these things (the underscore section), with links.
> >
> > Thank you very much for pointers, but I can think of something not
> > listed there. For example, __all__ for "from module import *", pickle
> > protocols, __new__ for subclassing from a type and so on. Is there a
> > complete (or near-complete) list?

You could also take this lack of a list as a charter for your collecting _all_
(not __all__) such names, and creating a document for others who, like you
want to know the list of such names.  This could include package references
if you so desire (others will complain if you leave something out, providing
you with more fodder for your document).

-Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org