PEP 285: Adding a bool type

David Ascher DavidA at ActiveState.com
Tue Apr 2 17:38:34 EST 2002

Alex Martelli wrote:

> Seconded.  _I_ am going to steal it (if I get Laura's permission,
> and if the PEP is rejected) for the Nutshell, for sure...

I like it too.  Explaining Pythonic truth always seemed a little
convoluted, but Laura's description is right on the ball.

I'm not sure how it translates to other languages.  "Quelque chose" vs.
"Rien" in French, I suppose.  I'm not sure what "None" would be in
French.  FWIW, I'm not sure what it means in English.  That word always
struck me as the most non-native aspect of Python, but being a
non-native speaker myself, I don't know if I'm the weird one here.

--da