No output from threads

Michael Kelly mkelly2002 at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 4 11:13:12 EST 2002

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:53:00 -0600, "Larry Whitley" <ldw at us.ibm.com>
wrote:

>Unfortunately, while the programs appear to run, at completion their output
>files are empty. The files exist but contain no data as a result of the run.
>When I run the same program in a non-threaded fashion from a batch file
>(without the start statement) I get output in the output files.  In this
>case the command looks like this "myprog.exe -optoin 3.0 >out3.txt".

Hi Larry.  I would take a shot at getting cmd.exe in on the act
since command line redirection is a function of the command
processor shell.  Perhaps even putting your command line in
a batch file(with start and its settings and the redirection) and
just calling cmd.exe batchfilename from the Python launcher.
It should open a command prompt and run your batch and
then close when done IIRC.

Mike

--

"Only choice is an oxymoron."