PEP 284, Integer for-loops

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.org
Wed Apr 3 14:42:23 EST 2002

On Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:47:49 -0800, David Eppstein
<eppstein at ics.uci.edu> wrote:

:In article <3c87d103.26130283 at news.laplaza.org>,
: mats at laplaza.org (Mats Wichmann) wrote:
:
:> If you'e going on to teach Python, you'd tell 'em those can of course
:> be combined.
:
:I don't want to teach Python.  I want to teach other stuff.

Right.  That's why I separated that out:  the intesting part is
looping over multiple values.  range() happens to be a way to generate
those values, but not the only way by any means, and that you don't
like the syntax of range should have no effect on the teaching
objective of showing how the concept of loops works....
Mats Wichmann