Can someone comment on my code?

Chris Burn chris_burn at NO-SPAM.bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 4 21:08:25 EST 2002

Hi, I've been writing perl, shell, c programs for a while but I thought
I should move on to python.

So this is my first real venture in python. Basically I work on an app
that auto saves to your home dir every 10 mins, but I keep my working
files in a dir elsewhere. So this script is intended to be run after a
crash, it searches for the last autosave and the last normal save in the
current dir. It then copies the autosave to the current dir with _rec
stuck on the end.

Anyway, it works, but I'm new to error handling in python and it would
be good to know if I'm handling errors correctly and also if there are
easier ways to do things or conventions I should be keeping to? It seems
to be a bit long to me.

Oh it needs to run on python 1.5.2

Thanks
Chris