Java to Python translation

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 20:39:41 EST 2002

>But... I would aslo suggest that if you do decide to
>automate part of the transition, you might want to take a
>look at ANTLR...
>
>   http://www.antlr.org/

I recently built a whole Python lexer and parser with ANTLR.
I played around with about a half dozen compiler-compilers
while trying to find one that would support my needs. In my
opinion, ANTLR is the _top_ of the pack of all the freely
available compiler/translator generators.

For one thing, the lexer, parser, tree walker, and ast-
generator are all unified into one meta language. This is
a very, very clean implementation. It's a full suite all
in one spot, and fully deserves all the accolades that it
gets.

C//