A little advice please? (Convert my boss to Python)

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 19:07:56 EDT 2002

In article <B348A2683937CC65.3942DE81F07F4146.ED3D7BA18F22B5A1 at lp.airnew
s.net>, Cameron Laird <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> writes
>the system might be aware that the total cost of the
>PC should be amortized as around $10,000, once all
>management overhead is properly accounted.
>
>That's only the beginning.
A serious administrator in 1995 once told me that it cost £20000 to put
a PC on a desk. I disbelieved her at the time as the average graduate
trainee was getting slightly less than that. That organisation was
trading in billions every day and some of the salaries were huge so
perhaps it was true.
--
Robin Becker