Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 29 05:33:35 EDT 2002

[mail -only-]

Raymond Hettinger || Sun 28 Apr 2002 10:34:58p:

> Please send me comments on a draft PEP deprecating
> and relocating six built-in functions.  The text file is at:
> http://users.rcn.com/python/download/deppep.txt
> [pep]

Just a techinical note: if you're going to go through the effort of
typeing something up and sending it on the group, might want to make
sure your newsreader dosen't break your line-formatting when you send
it. Stuff like this:

------
Abstract

    This PEP proposes to compact the list of built-in functions through
    relocation and deprecation.  map(), reduce() and filter() would ...
    separate module for functionals.  pow() and divmod() would move ...
    the math module.  input() would be eliminated altogether.
------

(i'm just trying to show how it looks, my reader wants to wrap it -
worse- and I don't want to reformat it, so i trimmed long lines).

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com