PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Mon Apr 8 14:53:57 EDT 2002

Jacob Hallen wrote:

> I have been brought up in an environment which called anything
> allowing mixed types in a list weakly typed.
>
> If you prefer to call it dynamically typed, I don't mind.

Weak typing usually refers to the idea that operations, not the objects
themselves, decide as what types to manipulate objects.  Dynamic typing
indicates that variables (or bindings) do not have an intrinsic type.

Python is strongly typed, since objects have intrinsic type, and those
types are what determine how operations behave, rather than the reverse.

/  \ Nationalism is an infantile sickness.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    Alcyone Systems' Daily Planet / http://www.alcyone.com/planet.html
 A new, virtual planet, every day.