Twisted 0.17.2 Released

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Fri Apr 19 10:17:41 EDT 2002

"Terry Reedy" <tejarex at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<QiPv8.107052$%8.9166874 at bin2.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...

[Twisted]

> After reading the 'license' page in Apr 2, I looked at every page I
> could find for something about the RPG engine but could not find much
> at all.  Is there a page I missed or must I download and look for doc
> or source which will tell me whether or not I wanted to download?

One thing that I believe developers should do when releasing code is
to make it easy for people to discover the licence associated with
their software. After the April Fools' joke played by the Twisted
team, I'd really expect the actual licence to be prominent on their
site.

It may be the case that a search for "Twisted license" on Google does
bring up a reference to the GNU LGPL, but the next thing for the more
creative Python developers amongst us could well be the concealment of
the licence text for their packages in a file called
"BewareOfTheLeopard.txt". ;-)

Paul