Booleans, integer division, backwards compatibility; where is Python going?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Sat Apr 6 05:02:59 EST 2002

James Logajan wrote:
> Max M <maxm at mxm.dk> wrote:

>>>So, what language did you move on to?
>>
>>386 assembler probably. It's a little less portable, but the specs
>>haven't changed in over a decade.
>

> I'm at a loss to understand all the snide remarks. Some I understand, some
> I don't.

You are right. That was a bit rude, but you didn't really give any
solutions or pointers to alternatives. Just complaints.

Shurely Python doesn't solve all problems, but then you say that you
have changed away from it to something else, and I really cannot see any
modern language having the stuff that you look for, I took the liberty
of a cheap-shot.

Well those are allways easy anyway ;-)

regards Max M