PEP 285: Adding a bool type

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 3 06:42:09 EST 2002

In article <gIpq8.44728$pT1.1266378 at news1.tin.it>, Alex Martelli wrote:
>Jeff Shannon wrote:
>> (FWIW, this was the first time I've seen the Something vs.
>> Nothing distinction pointed out explicitly.  I think that this
>> explanation of how Python determines truth is exceptionally
>> clear,
>
>Hear, hear.
>
>> and I think that the tutorial should be modified to
>> include this terminology.)
>
>Seconded.  _I_ am going to steal it (if I get Laura's permission,
>and if the PEP is rejected) for the Nutshell, for sure...

Yup. An excellent distinction. I'm tempted to re-edit the chapter on
conditionals in (the upcoming) Instant Python...

Laura: I think your post was brilliant.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org