inspect.getargspec() for built-in functions

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Apr 13 07:46:57 EDT 2002

Tripp Scott <tripps81 at yahoo.com> writes:

> is there any?

Can't realistically be done[0].  A sometimes adhered to convention is
that the first line of the docstring contains a "prototype" (in the C
sense).

Cheers,
M.
[0] Is whether the function is METH_O exposed to Python code?  I don't
    think it is, but I'm not sure.[1]
[1] I think I can guess who will answer this question, if anyone...

--
  This is an off-the-top-of-the-head-and-not-quite-sober suggestion,
  so is probably technically laughable.  I'll see how embarassed I