ANNOUNCE: QNews 0.9 qmail<-->usenet gateway

marduk marduk at python.net
Sun Apr 28 16:54:17 EDT 2002

I am pleased to announce QNews 0.9 is now available for download.  This
is the first release of Qnews.

http://starship.python.net/crew/marduk/software/qnews/

QNews is a gateway between the qmail mail system and Usenet.  It allows
an ordinary user with an account on a system running Qmail to send and
receive articles on Usenet via email.  For example, you can post to
alt.test by sending an email to joeuser-qnews-alt.test at domain.com.  If like
your email program, but wish it had usenet capability then QNews might be
for you.

For more information on qmail, see http://www.qmail.org/

This software requires a system running qmail and Python 2.  It includes
a setup script for easy installation.  It's a small python module and is
fairly easy to use.  Documentation now is pretty sparse, but I am
releasing mainly to get feedback from users and other python
programmers.  I will release version 1.0 with documentation and bug
fixes if it accumulates interest.

QNews is free software released under the GPL.