duelling pythons

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 5 16:08:16 EST 2002

Mats Wichmann wrote:
> The simple fact is that they're not going to make any changes in this
> area (even to just fix a batch of scripts) until the next major
> version, which unfortunately is still a number of moons away.  The
> next release was going to be 8.0, but will now be 7.3, if they stories
> I've heard are correct, so a reasonble guess might be "no earlier than
> the end of the year".  Ouch.

Will they do it for 8.0 anyway??? I'd love to hear them say yes, but I
have heard nothing of the sort.

by the way, in regard to dueling pythons, I have found that If I try to
build a Makefile to buld an extension using: make -f Makefile,pre.in
boot, I get a makefile that is using Python 1.5, when what I want is
Python 2.1. Both are installed, as I want the Redhat tools to work.

How can I get this to work??? It's not obvious to me what I would change
in Makefile,pre.in

-thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov