A trivial question about print

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri Apr 12 17:25:21 EDT 2002

Huaiyu Zhu wrote:

> Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> wrote:
>
>>Personally, I'd rather see curry built-in -- it IS easy to write curry
>>in Python 2.2, but it's such a wonderful idiom (and would replace so
>>many lambda's;-) that I'd love to see it officially blessed.  Not that
>>I expect it to be (and nor will my heart be broken because of this:-).
>
> Do you have in mind a special syntax for curry?

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52549

see my curry-by-closure comments.  I think that having positional
args given at call-time concatenated after those given at curry-time
("if any" in either case), and kw args given at call-time taking precedence
over those given at curry-time (ditto), is most natural and useful.
I think the syntax you propose is equivalent (for positional args --
you don't mention kw args).

Alex