AS/400

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjej at mailandnews.com
Thu Apr 25 13:34:33 EDT 2002

I am trying to write some Python code that moves info from Excel into
AS/400 throuhgt a display program called Rumba. (www.walldata.com)
Basically what I want it to do (short version) is that I go to a cell
in Excel, copy that cell, changes to the Rumba window, goes to
coordinate x,x pastes the number there. Then goes back to Excel, gets
a new number, goes to Rumba, changes screens by typing F12, enters
info from Excel again in coordinate x,x. It is more to it than this,
but if I can figure out this, I can figure out the rest.

The Excel part I have no trouble with. The AS/400 part is a little
worse. Do you know some additions I have to install with Python? Where
can I find some info about the functions that moves around on the
AS/400 display and so forth. I have searched in google and on
python.org but haven't found much. I can't be the only one that needs
to do something like this? Thanks in advance for all answers and all
pointing in the right direction so I can find out more info...