Functional Python (was Re: Steve Holden wrote:)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Apr 27 10:51:21 EDT 2002

In article <Wnvy8.51932$z55.27618 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com>,
Steve Holden <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>So, you tend towards the functional. Nothing wrong with that, but you
>should be aware that Guido's on record as regretting allowing the
>modest functional constructs the language already has, and presumably
>leaves them in to avoid the anathema of code breakage.

Well, no, that's not quite true.  Guido regrets lambda and the style of
functional programming that relies on lambda, but he certainly doesn't
tar all functional programming with that brush or he wouldn't have
allowed list comprehensions and zip().

"I used to have a .sig but I found it impossible to please everyone..."  --SFJ