Python 2.2 unwise.exe

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 19:29:38 EDT 2002

[Tim]
> (Wise uses a different mechanism to get rid of UNWISE.EXE -- they
> shouldn't be trying to do a redundant at-reboot delete of this
> specific file)

Wise agreed, and quickly built a new version of UNWISE.EXE that doesn't have
this problem.  This leaves one other small problem:  how do we manage to
magically replace a hundred thousand or so vulnerable UNWISE.EXE's already
installed in Python directories on Windows boxes?  It's times like this I'm
glad Python installs secret backdoors on Windows boxes so Guido can control
them from the comfort of home.

it's-typing-in-all-your-names-that's-the-bitch-ly y'rs  - tim