Fundamental problem with urllib...

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Tue Apr 23 13:15:06 EDT 2002

In article <yNUw8.74422$T%5.18813 at atlpnn01.usenetserver.com>,
	Steve Holden wrote:
> Since urllib knows nothing of cookies, you will need to integrate some sort
> of a cookie jar into the library, with a new API  for the clients to
> retrieve and store the cookies.

This is worthwhile, but I don't think it belongs in urllib.  It
belongs in a module or package of its own that provides general
Web-browser features such as cookies, remembering authentication
usernames and passwords, and a cache.  This package could then be used
for implementing HTML-scraping scripts, spiders, or a Web browser.

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    -- H.P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"