word stemming / conflation

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sun Apr 21 10:48:00 EDT 2002

Andreas Jung wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pystemmer/

Actually I just found that after I posted -- I was about
to post an "oh nevermind I found it post" :-D  Turns out
I searched sourceforge for "stemming" not "stemmer". Looks
like just what I was looking for, anyway.  Thank you for
what looks like a lot of work!

Ironically, I guess they need a better stemmer
too, huh? ;-D

Is "Snowball" any relation to "SNOBOL"?  I'm not really
familiar with either, being mostly a scientific programmer
(until recently, I guess -- I find myself doing a lot
of information storage tasks now and less number
crunching).

Thanks!
Terry

Terry Hancock