How to retrive attached file from newsgroup mail

Oleg Broytmann phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Apr 30 05:02:05 EDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:45:42AM -0700, sanjay wrote:
>   Im using NNTP to retrive the newsgroups mails to display on web
> pages.The email is multipart i,e text/html with doc,pdf,gif file has
> attached. Is there any python script to get all the plain text/html
> message with attached file from mail.

   http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/#extract_mime,
http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/#mimedecode and faster mirrors at
http://phd.by.ru/Software/Python/ and http://phd2.chat.ru/Software/Python/

   I am working on rewriting mimedecode.py to use email package. Actually
I've finished rewriting it, but the code requires Python 2.3 (i.e. it
requires my latest patches for the email package).

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru