Does Python need a '>>>' operator?

Gareth McCaughan Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
Wed Apr 17 20:33:50 EDT 2002

Tim Peters wrote:

> PS:  Zorn's Lemmon is the conjecture that lemmons are yellow.  This
>      has almost been proved, where by "proved" we mean talked about
>      energetically on a newsgroup somewhere, and "conjecture" means
>      somebody said so twice.

A friend of mine has a project of classifying all finite
chromatic mathematical fruit jokes. He knows about

    "What's purple and commutes?"
    "What's yellow and equivalent to the axiom of choice?"
    "What's green and uniquely determined by its first Chern class?"

and I think those are all he's found. He conjectures that
there are no more, but the conjecture appears difficult to
prove without tiresome case-splitting. Perhaps a computer
proof is in order. (It would be nicely ironic if it could
find one involving an Appel.)

If physics is allowed, we can have "What's green and described
by Bose-Einstein statistics?". And "What's brown and shrivelled
and carried by the Z particle?".

(Oh, all right. An abelian grape; Zorn's lemon; a lime bundle;
a Cooper pear; a neutral current.)

Gareth McCaughan  Gareth.McCaughan at pobox.com
.sig under construc