Some troubles with COMObject of the ClearCaseAutomation Library 4.1 (ccauto.dll)

Andreas Maurer amapy at snafu.de
Sat Apr 13 12:39:46 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've written a little script using the ClearCase Automation Library 4.1
with python 2.1.2

When I'm trying to get the collection of HistoryRecords of one
CC-element this error message appears:
------------------

 >>> hist = Elem.HistoryRecords(0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\win32app\Python21\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 279, in _make_method_
codeObject = compile(methodCode, "<COMObject %s>" % self._username_,"exec")
   File "<string>", line 1
      def HistoryRecords(self, pICCBranchType=pythoncom.Missing, Since=<time object at 013BB240>, User='', Minor=0, ExcludeCheckOutEvents=0, Recurse=0, DirectoryOnly=0):
                                                                       ^
  SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Traceback (most recent call last):
TypeError: object of type 'None' is not callable
--------------
It seems, there is some trouble with the time object.

The IDL-Syntax for the HistoryRecords Method looks like this:
--------------------------------
         [id(0x00000005), propget, helpstring("Gets the collection of history records for this object"), helpcontext(0x00000c85)]
         HRESULT HistoryRecords(
                         [in] ICCBranchType* pICCBranchType,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue(00:00:00)] DATE Since,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue("")] BSTR User,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL Minor,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL ExcludeCheckOutEvents,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL Recurse,
                         [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL DirectoryOnly,
                         [out, retval] ICCHistoryRecords** pHistoryRecords);
         [id(0x00000006), propget, helpstring("Gets the collection of hyperlinks associated with this VOB object"), helpcontext(0x00000c86)]

I even tried a static dispatch, but the result was not that what I expected.

If you need more information, please let me know

Many Thanks

Andreas