configuring mxCGIPython

Mats Wichmann mats at laplaza.nospam.org
Fri Apr 26 09:34:23 EDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:28:57 +0200, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com>
wrote:

:Mark McEahern wrote:

:>   ./cgipython: error in loading shared libraries: libxmlparse.so.1: cannot
:> open shared object file: No such file or directory
:>
:> I'm not sure yet what that means yet, but I think it means I may be able to
:> set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, if: 1) that file resides on the server; and 2) I know
:> where it is.
:
:Right.
:
:> Is there a way I can tell cgipython not to bother loading that particular
:> shared object?
:
:No. Could be that libxmlparse is referenced by pyexpat which is part
:of cgipython. On most systems the expat libs should be part
:of the system, so setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to e.g. /usr/lib
:should help. If not, you can try getting that file from some
:other source and install it in the same dir as cgipython.

Not helping to solve the problem at hand, but FYI:

The dynamic linker should always be looking in its "trusted"
directories, /lib and /usr/lib - so setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain
one of these is not useful.
Mats Wichmann