Assistance sought with mondo numerical app

D. Michael McFarland dmmcf at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 16 20:18:44 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> This is another one for which weave can be a godsend. The blitz
> module in weave can for many numeric expressions generate equivalent
> C++ code which avoids all the intermediate copies. I don't want to
> sound like a cheerleader (I'm not a developer of weave, only a
> user), but weave is really amazing in how easily it allows you to
> integrate Numeric pyhton code with C snippets.

I played with weave 0.2.3 shortly after that version was released, but
never got weave.test() to run cleanly.  I said to myself, "Something
here has great promise," and went back to my old ways of doing
things.  Should I try the CVS version?

Re cheerleading, well, if the student in question hadn't listened to
my proselytizing about Python, he wouldn't have quite his current
problem.  (He'd have different and worse problems, but that's another
post.)

I've snipped away your mention of example files, but by all means,
please send me a few.

Cheers,
Michael