compiled Jython vs. CPython

Jonathan P. jbperez808 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 22:07:54 EDT 2002

Has anyone out there tried to compare the
speed of a jythonc-compiled app to that of a
CPython one?

It is possible that if such an app does not
depend on a runtime interpreter and is run
by a JIT-JVM that it might give better performance
than one which runs interpreted (i.e. CPython).

JIT-compilation techniques have come a long way
and in fact most benchmarks I've seen show that
JIT-compiled Java code run faster than
statically-compiled ones by a substantial
margin!

Could jythonc be *the* Python compiler we wish
we had?