newbie question about event based programming

Paul Jackson pj at engr.sgi.com
Mon Apr 8 20:21:56 EDT 2002

|> Event-driven programming is a great thing, but it's not supported
|> as well as it could and should be across every platform and toolkit
|> in the world:-(.

Seems like an opportunity for an enterprising coder ...

    Develop a Python module that provides file/directory
    change notification, in a reasonably operating system
    independent way, that is coded (in O.S. specific ways)
    to work on most any system, including the fall back to
    polling, if need be.  Should work with at least Windows
    and Linux fam.
                          I won't rest till it's the best ...
                          Programmer, Linux Scalability
                          Paul Jackson <pj at sgi.com> 1.650.933.1373