how to read hardware info on Win NT

Mark Gash mgash at trisystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 10:43:24 EDT 2002

>>On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 01:05:00PM +0000, Marcus Stojek wrote:
>> could anyone please give me a hit how to get hardware information with
>> Python? I need the id of my ethernet card and my harddisk.

>On a similar topic, are there any modules to give you Win NT/2k/etc
performance
>statistics, process lists, network stats, disk usage, etc ?

>Any work being done on such a module ?

There are two modules that will assist you in this query;
For Marcus, you could investigate the _winreg module - you will be able to
script a query of the registry keys and data values. The only down side is
that you will have to know where and what you are looking at.
For Chris, investigate the win32pdh and win32pdhutil modules - this will
enable you to extract data from the performance data collectors.

A search on google for all of these modules will result in some useful
tutorials in these subjects.

If you want any further help, I'll try ;-)

Hope this helps