Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Tue Apr 30 11:17:24 EDT 2002

"James J. Besemer" <jb at cascade-sys.com> wrote in message

> [James J. Besemer]
[ ... ]
> Nor is Sarcasm or frank talk necessarily unfriendly.  My close friends
tease
> each other mercilessly.  After an exchange that grew a bit tense at
points,
> Steve Holden and I emerged better friends and better acquainted with each
other
> than I think we would have otherwise.  Many people rely on close friends
> utter the bare truths that mere acquaintences would avoid.

While I don't wish to disagree with you here, one point I forgot to mention
in my last posting: very few people have the thick skin, intelligence, wit,
humor and modesty :-) that I do.

You might therefore wish to ... dare I say ... lighten up yourself when
dealing with these wimpy foreign types.

leave-xenophobia-to-the-timbot-he-does-it-so-well-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden: http://www.holdenweb.com/ ; Python Web Programming:
http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/