Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at mail.cz
Tue Apr 30 12:15:27 EDT 2002

> From: "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com>
> Subject: Re: Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins
> To: python-list at python.org
> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:27:00 -0400
>
> "Roman Neuhauser" <neuhauser at mail.cz> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1020176703.26327.python-list at python.org...
> > > From: "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com>
> > > Subject: Re: Comment on draft PEP for deprecating six builtins
> > > To: python-list at python.org
> > > Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:01:42 GMT

> > > that's pretty obvious from your posts.
> > >
> > > maybe you should spend a little more time learning, and
> > > a little less time telling us about your "opinions" on issues
> > > you don't really understand?
> > >
> > > further reading:
> > >
> > > http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:opG_4HjTnbIC:www.theonion.com/onion3811/child-rearing_advice.html
> >
> >     how does that relate to python or OO?
>
> I  think it actually relates a little more to giving advice on subjects you
> confess not to know much about.

    Not advice. I was expressing my opinion as a python user.

> If you haven't come across the effbot before, you should know that he tends
> to be rude in this way. I think it happened when the parity unit was fitted
> to his main memory. Fortunately it does not stop him from being a valuable
> source of information on topics Pythonic. Every now and then he jumps out
> and bites a poster on the ankles due to simple crotchetiness, and then he
> will subside into inactivity once more, contemplating the innards of his
> software in silent satisfaction.

    Given the high tongue-in-cheek ration of this list, I'm now really
    confused as to whether Fredrik Lundh is a bot, or if you're "rocking
    me", as the Czech saying has it.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
6:11PM up 1 day, 8:36, 12 users, load averages: 0.10, 0.06, 0.01