compiling Python with readline

Erik Price pricee at hhbrown.com
Tue Apr 2 14:18:51 EST 2002

Hello,

Sorry to trouble if this is not the right list -- I would like to
re-compile my Python 2.2 source (on Mac OS X 10.1.3) to support readline
(or whatever it takes to get emacs-style key bindings to work in the
interpreter, like I get in bash).

I was reading the README file in the source tree, and discovered that
there is no longer a --with-readline ./configure parameter.  The
instructions say "This option is no longer supported.  To use GNU
readline, enable module 'readline' in the Modules/Setup file."  I don't
seem to have the Modules/Setup file anywhere in my source tree.

If anyone knows how to enable the emacs key bindings, would you mind
sending me a note about it?  I'm not subscribed to the list yet
(normally I subscribe to tutor at python from another account, but didn't
find my answer there), so a CC would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

----

Erik Price