Selecting cipher suites with socket.ssl

Laura Creighton lac at strakt.com
Fri Apr 5 08:59:12 EST 2002

> Gerhard H<E4>ring <gh_pythonlist at gmx.de> writes:
>
> > It's not possible. For everything but the most simple client-side SSL, I
> > recommend you use a different SSL implementation for Python. m2crypto
> > seems to be quite mature, but there are others, too:
>
> My recommendation would be slightly different: Please modify the
> existing SSL support to better suite your needs, and contribute your
> changes. I believe this will help Python users better in the long run.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Why should the OP do this rather than just get our PyOpenSSL, or m2crypto
(which also didn't work a year ago when we tried it, either, but I believe
does now)?  Why not put our PyOpenSSL (or m2crypto) into Python?  This is
a serious question which nobody has answered for nearly a year now.

Laura Creighton