[OT] What is Open Source?

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Fri Apr 26 17:17:30 EDT 2002

Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote previously:
|Me too, but at least one lawyer has told me it is a fantasy world, i.e. that
|an individual in the United States cannot put their work in the public
|domain:  you can't disclaim your copyright even if you want to, unless it's
|work done for the government and "they" put it in the public domain.

All the Python PEP's seem to contain a disclaimer about being placed
into the public domain.  Do you think Python has a problem because of
this?  (I think some other Python-related documentation, but forget
exactly which).

Yours, Lulu...

--
 mertz@   _/_/_/_/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY:_/_/_/_/ v i
gnosis  _/_/                    Postmodern Enterprises         _/_/  s r