Python's Lisp heritage

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Wed Apr 24 00:37:31 EDT 2002

Neil Schemenauer <nas at python.ca> writes:
> There's still time. :-)  Erik Naggum has suggested that Emacs should be
> re-implemented in Common Lisp.  That would be cool but I probably still
> wouldn't use it.

Emacs has already been re-implemented in Common Lisp and the CL
version is called Hemlock.  You can probably find it through Google.

GNU Emacs one of these years will supposedly change its extension
language from Emacs Lisp to Scheme (Guile).  Scheme of course supports
dynamic scope with the fluid-let function.