Newbie programmer here...

MH mhaag at pacific.net
Sun Apr 21 17:17:07 EDT 2002

I'm a novice programmer. I wrote my first program, a simple database, in
BASIC a long time ago, and have used Visual Basic mostly since then. I have
some experience with SQL, also.

I have recently been wrestling with PERL as a means to create interactive
websites, but I find PERL incredibly inconsistent and confusing, and the
debugging features I think are sorely lacking. I spend HUGE amounts of time
solving very basic problems.

I am looking for ANYTHING but PERL to accomplish basic tasks such as
collecting, processing, and displaying data via CGI/HTML. Is PYTHON a good
candidate for this? What about PHP? Suggestions?