Problem in 'Doc' building in 2.2.1 (OK in 2.2.1c2)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Apr 12 06:37:00 EDT 2002

Vincent Cojot <coyote at step.polymtl.ca> writes:

> Hello everyone,
>
> 	Python 2.2.1 (release) appears to be missing something in its
> documentation, thereby preventing a sucessfull build of the Documentation:
>
> [root at toffee Doc]# gmake -n
> gmake: *** No rule to make target `whatsnew/whatsnew22.tex', needed by
> `html/whatsnew/whatsnew22.html'.  Stop.
>
> This problem isn't present in 2.2.1c2 because the Make dependency for
> the whatsnew stuff isn't there..

Yes, this was me finding out that you have to write "update" in your
.cvsrc file -- I had "up -dP" in there, but that's not enough (it
turns out).

Sorry.  It's possible that we'll release a new tarball to amend this,
but not certain.

> Additionnally, is there -anything- that helps latex2html -not- to complain
> about "dots" in the command name:

latex2html?  Brrr.  I don't know.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Hey, if I thought I was wrong, I'd change my mind.  :)
                                    -- Grant Edwards, comp.lang.python