Python scripting to dynamically generate 3D human models

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Apr 19 12:12:16 EDT 2002

In article <gWWv8.109596$K5.9156921 at bin5.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>,
Terry Reedy <tejarex at yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Woon Shan Chin" <woonshan at time.net.my> wrote in message
>news:mailman.1019218239.16981.python-list at python.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I heard about 'Python scripting' from a member experts-exchange.com;
>an
>> IT knowledge sharing community. I'm working on a virtual fitting
>room
>> program, that needs to dynamically generate 3D human models during
>run-
>> time (based on users' input of their body measurements for eg.). So,
			.
			.
			.
>There are two ways to interface the standard version of Python, which
>is written in portable C with other C or C++ functions.  One is to
			.
		[good explanation]
			.
			.
One thing we lack, though, is an introduction to the
*idea* of scripting, especially for those destined to
embed Python.  How do we make clear to them the bene-
fits of a scripting engine?  Presumably in the case
at hand, Woon Shan Chin might be in a position to ex-
pose some of his calculations so that users can exploit
them in novel combinations.  *That*'s what a scripting
engine facilitates.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net