problems writing utf8

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Apr 14 08:39:18 EDT 2002

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I found only one diff file -- and it fails to patch a current cvs
> checkout :-(, in the file unicodeobject.c. Should I have tried
> applying it against a the source of 2.2.1?

It's not my lucky day today -- I can't patch current cvs, and while
patching against 2.2.1 works, compiling gives me an infinite recursion
error upon compiling:

  File "/data/src/Python-2.2.1/Lib/warnings.py", line 95, in warn_explicit
    showwarning(message, category, filename, lineno)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
make: *** [sharedmods] Error 1

And now I'm non-plussed again :-).