Anyone need a program written?

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 1 19:04:57 EST 2002

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 01:08:35 +0100, Mindbomb <Mindbomb at localhost.net> wrote:

>>I'm doing this primarily as a way to learn Python (why start small :->),
>>but also so that I can have a news reader that
>>   a) works
>>   b) runs on both my Linux and Windows boxen
>>   c) isn't Outlook Express
>
>If you carry on with this, I'd for one feel there is a gaping hole of
>newsreaders which actually make it east to post anonymously. If it could
>use anonymous re-mailers and interface with PGP/GPG it'd be even better!

That's a feature that I'm seriously considering putting
in Herbivore. Or rather 2 features:

(1) chainer anonymous remailers

(2) anonymous posting to usenet

The problem with the latter is that it might encourage spammers.

--
<"><"><"> Philip Hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> <"><"><">
"I would guess that he really believes whatever is politically