Easter Eggs

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 19:17:40 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1018391839.6535.python-list at python.org>, Kalle
Svensson <kalle at gnupung.net> writes
>[Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters]
>> Who can tell me what's in there.  Someone on c.l.py recently let drop
>> the hint about finding the Zen of Python at the interactive prompt in
>> 2.2.  I went so far as trying the command in Python versions 1.51, 1.52,
>> 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 (it's only in 2.2)... but then promptly forgot what the
>> magic command was.  Can someone remind me, please?
>
>"import this", IIRC.
Am I the only person that finds the whole concept of Easter eggs a slap
in the face from the developers.

When I find this rubbish in M$oft's expensive software I feel outraged.
Is it better because it's open source? I think not. On the other hand
perhaps the Python development process is itself a joke. When one
questions the idiots in charge one ends in the kill file. No one expects
the Spanish inquisition, but perhaps if rather trite philosophy is
hidden in python and we have geniuses for developers, what else may be
embedded therein?
--
Robin Becker