[Python-Dev] Re: ANN: Pyrex - a language for writing Python extension modules

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Apr 10 02:41:23 EDT 2002

Paul Prescod wrote:

> It would be clearer if the canonical[1] PyRex example was a bridge
> example instead of a "pure pyrex" example.

It would be good to have examples of both kinds.
Any suggestions on what should be the "hello world"
of Pyrex bridging examples? Preferably something
simple, instantly understandable to a wide range
of people, and showing off Pyrex's strengths
compared with other things like SWIG.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg